Ello sweet friends, For those who have lived in Bali or have been there on o Holliday this post will be ringing some bells. Bali is one of the most beautiful islands of this world and visiting this island will definitely change your perspective on life. Today I would like to discuss some things that i’ve noticed ever since I moved back from Asia to Europa and especially since I left Bali. Bali will always be home but for the next years it will be my ‘holiday destination’ and not my everyday home anymore. And there are a few things i’ve discovered that make me ‘hate’ my hometown and miss my beautiful island.
- THE WEATHER Okay, this one kind of depends on where you are from. For me, as a Dutchie this one really is a major one. Living in a country where it rains 70% of the time compared to the lovely tropical weather in Bali…I just can’t deal. Yes, of course Bali has a rain season too but it is still always so warm outside. Once you are back in your hometown you will notice how shit the weather there actually is.
- WINING AND DINING THROUGH OUT THE DAY In Bali you eat out, all day every day. You have all your meals outside. Let’s be honest, did you ever cook in Bali? It is seriously more expensive than going out to dinner so why even bother? You can wine and dine in the most luxurious and expensive places and still pay less than what a train ticket back in your hometown costs when you want to visit another city. Since I am back in Europe I feel what a luxury it actually was, going out without even thinking about how much it actually costs. Now I reduced my mails from 21 meals a week outside to 5 and believe me it is a big difference. The upside is that I love to cook and I am discovering all new things to make but still, it sucks that eating out is so expensive compared to living in Bali and I am pretty sure it is more expensive in your hometown compared to Bali too.
- THE FANTASTIC VIEWS Bali probably has one of the best views and scenery’s in this entire world. You have literrally everything. From beautiful beaches, to waterfalls, volcano’s and jungle’s. It is just a magical island. Everything that you would ever want to see, I can promise you, you can find on this island. It is incredibly beautiful, you just have to know the right places. I never would have thought that I would miss seeing the rice fields. I mean, seriously, the rice fields. But I can guarantee you, when you are back in a concrete jungle you will miss those badboys. So for those still in Bali, when you see a rice field stop and appreciate it for a minute. You won’t find those beauties back in your hometown.
4. THE SUNSETS We all know by now that Bali has the most magical sunsets. It is so easy and convenient to watch those sunsets everyday. I live in Antwerp now for 6 months and I have never seen a full sunset. I see the sun setting but after 1 minute it disappears behind buildings and I don’t see it fully set. It sucks. It is one of Mother Nature’s most beautiful tricks, setting her beautiful sun so trust me when I say this, if you are still in Bali, make sure you watch it every day. You will, just like me, miss those days where you were able to see it.
8. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL INFINITY POOLS OH-MY-GOD! There is a separate article coming up about this topic because Bali does have the best infinity pools ever. Can you find these in your home town? Well I certainly can’t. No need to elaborate on this topic. Just enjoy the pics.. What are the things that make you hate your hometown after visiting Bali? xoxo