I have my macbook back, hooray! So we can start with the #TOTD project again! I have some cool new travelers lined up for you so let’s not waste anymore time on chit chat but get to the important stuff! The traveler….. 🙂
Short message from the #TOTD: My name is Veera, better known as Veera Bianca in the online world of wanderlusters. I’m 26 and I am from the cold north, Finland. I’m a professional travel blogger working for Finnair and a Community Lead & World Traveller for CreateTrips. My Instagram is @veerabianca and I post more travel photos also on @createtrips
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
My first country outside Finland I ever set foot on was Germany. My family is afraid of flying so we from home to Paris. I somehow forever remember the moment I woke up on the bus around the border of Germany, I felt more home than I ever had before. Somehow I knew this was going to be what life is about – travel.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
I cannot travel without ear plugs! I am strange when it comes to noise and almost panic if I leave them home, especially if there is a long flight ahead. Other 4 would be my iPhone, GoPro, airline loyalty card and warm socks (flying without socks gives me a freight too).
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I’m actually home in Finland sitting on my bed. I will spend the rest of year home and head out to countless of adventures in 2015; starting with Stockholm and then Hong Kong and Sydney!4. What is your dream destination and why?I have a dream of living in Chiang Mai, Thailand. This seems to be where a lot of travel bloggers are running to and I’d just really love to join. Reason being that the destination offers great vegan food, warm weather, meditation and an elephant nature sanctuary. And truly, there is no place I love like Asia.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it?Definitely this one from Jerusalem, Israel. When I was a little kid, my auntie lived in Israel and she told me the most exciting stories. I had never travelled and I could spend hours and hours just listening to her talk about Israel. It felt surreal last year to actually be there myself. It was also my first blog trip abroad, so I just felt so lucky.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why? RICHARD BRANSON(!!!), please come with me! Haha! I love him, truly! He is my inspiration in my career in tourism and just a truly beautiful soul. Other two would be Celine Dion and George Clooney. Celine has just a fabulous voice and I could stare at Mr. Clooney all day.
7. Are you a backpacker (budget traveling) or a flash packer (luxury traveler)? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
Oh girl, can I choose both? I used to struggle with this question as I happen to love luxury hotels, but have no drama sleeping in a hostel dorm. I like a life with a little variety. Though I guess in general you could call me a flash packer nowadays as I’m getting old haha.