Friday night, weekend is here! YEEY! What are your plans? I have a busy weekend ahead, shooting for my website, working on a new lay out and an exciting review.
Also very busy with the #TOTD’s. Received new #TOTD’s and editing like crazy. Speaking of #TOTD’s, today I have not one beautiful traveler, but twofor you guys! Check it out !
First give a short intro:
LezBackPack is Melissa Langley and Constance Taylor. We are 29 and 32 respectively. We met while Mel was teaching in Busan. Con came to visit family and needed a tour guide. We’ve been together ever since.
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
Our first travel experience together was to Bali. We spent 32 days on the back of a scooter, eating gourmet food and scuba diving. This was also the trip that made us decide to always pack lightly, we each carried a 35L pack.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
1. Con’s special sunblock. She has a skin allergy that makes her incapable of using any normal sunscreen. Her favorite brand is Badger (this stuff is like an impenetrable wall to the sun. Works super well!)
2. IPod/IPhone or some electronic device that can engage WIFI. We both took iPods to Bali, it was a really simple way to take pictures, research information and keep in touch with friends and family while traveling.
3. Thermos that can hold both hot and cold liquids. Mel’s mom was a sweetheart and provided us with two steel 500 mL containers. Love them!
4. Surf shirts/Rash Guards. We’re both big into recreational water activities like surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving. Having these articles of clothing prevents sunburn, injury and cold!
5. First aid kit. This includes motion sickness medication, pain reliever, pepto bismal, antihistamine.
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
We have been teaching in Seoul, South Korea on and off for the past two years. At the end of this year we’ll be embarking on a six month trip around Southeast Asia. Manila, Philippines is our first destination.
4. What is your dream destination and why?
Our current dream destination is Spain. After two years as expats in Seoul (three for Mel), it’s important for us to try our hand at teaching in a new environment. The food, drink and culture of Spain and the opportunity to live in Europe is the stuff our dreams are made of.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it ?
Our favorite travel photo is us sharing daikon radish soup outside of the Bamboo Forest in Kyoto Japan. One of our most memorable trips, we shared some delicious food and wonderful scenery. A truly perfect day was captured in this photo.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
Since we’re a couple, it might be awkward to invite a 3rd wheel. So here are our three favorite duos that we’d invite to travel with us.
1. The chicks from show ‘Broad City,’ Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, seem like they’d be down for any adventure. If you haven’t yet, check out their show on Comedy Central.
2. Shaun T and Scott Blokker – You’ve probably heard of Shaun T from his workout program ‘Insanity.’ We’d love to have a fitness guru with us while we travel and his husband could come along for the fun of it!
3. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel – Con’s love for JT runs deep. Jessica seems laid back. Plus, being serenaded by an ex N’Sync member while vacationing… yes, please.
7. Are you a backpacker or a flashpacker? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
70% backpackers, 30% flash packers. If we can find a great deal, and let’s be honest we’re always looking because who doesn’t want luxury, we’ll go for it. The capsule hotel in Osaka, Japan was our favorite backpacking hotel. For $30 we were giving our own little space to sleep, lockers to keep our bags, towels and sleepwear and full access to a spa. We highly recommend checking on Agoda.com for cheap accommodations in Japan. They offer ‘hot deals’ occasionally which drive prices down further. Air B&B provided us with our most luxurious accommodation in Bali. A two story villa with a pool and outdoor shower was ours for $60 a night.
For more information about them please check out their Instagram account: *Click !
I loved reading their #TOTD. I love to read when people meet each other while traveling and stay together and actually continue their journey together. So cute! And they have inspired me to do an item about the Capsule Hotel, so that will be online later this week. I actually visited a capsule hotel back in ’12 and I have some cool pics from then, will upload them this week! Thanks for inspiring me beauties!
Love you guys,