How are you guys today? I heard some positive news today. I was invited for my second interview for the job that I had my first interview for last week. This is so exciting!
I will have my interview on Thursday so I will keep you guys updated.
For today I have a cool new #TOTD for you guys ! This girl travels the world and goes on cool adventures. She captures her journey through photography and posts her beautiful shots on her Instagram account!
Short message from the #TOTD: Hey, my name is Tracy, I’m 23 years old. I am born and raised in Montreal, Canada.
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
Since I was very young I have been traveling with my family during Christmas vacation. We would usually go to Los Angeles to see more family or to Islands in the Caribbean (Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, St. Maarten etc.…) and Mexico. But what I consider my first real “travel experience” would have to be my 1 month trip to India. On that trip I volunteered at an orphanage for street children, while staying in the slums outside of Delhi, with the sweetest host family! I loved absolutely every moment of it and I can’t wait until I can go back to “Incredible India.” Traveling across the world for the first time on my own, to such a different and unknown country, was what truly made the wanderluster that I am today!
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
1. My Camera!
2. A journal – I love to keep notes of what I did each day, places I went, restaurants, people I meet etc.
3 . Eye mask, ear plugs & travel pillow!!!
4. My favorite pair of denim shorts
5. Mini flashlight/carabiner keychain
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I am currently in Banff, Albert on a mini trip for 5 days. It is absolutely breathtaking here! Being surrounded by the Rockies and incredible glacial lakes really reminds me of my trip to New Zealand that I took last December. I love being active and outdoors and this is definitely the place for that! Hiking, canoeing, glacier trekking and grizzly bear spotting all in one… how awesome is that!? I have yet to plan my next trip but I would really love to go back to South America and travel around there for a month or two!
This picture below was taken on my trip to Peru. Finally made it to Machu Picchu after the 4-day hike through the Inca Trail!
4. What is your dream destination and why?
I’ve always dreamt about traveling to Africa. I would love to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and afterwards do a 2-week safari in the Serengeti! I am a huge animal lover; so being able to see truly wild animals in their natural habitat (not a zoo) would be pretty amazing!
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it? That’s a hard question! Each picture tells a different story, therefore holding a different meaning from countries around the world. But, my favorite one at the moment is probably this one. This picture was taken in Fiji on Mantaray Island, probably the most colorful and dramatic sunset I have ever seen.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
1. I would love to tough it out and go on some wild adventure with the one and only Bear Grylls! He is absolutely insane and I know I would learn a thing or two from his sometimes outrageous survival techniques.
2. Angelina Jolie makes the list because I admire how she is so involved and philanthropic. It would be pretty amazing to travel with her and participate in one of her projects around the world.
3. Lastly, Nicole Richie because she is absolutely hilarious and would ease any stressful situation with her humor, plus she always wants to have a good time and I’m always down for a good time and adventure while traveling.
7. Are you a backpacker or a flash packer? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
At this point in my life I would definitely say I am a proud backpacker!! Saving money on accommodations so that I can do each and every activity! One of the best hostels I’ve stayed at is Francesco’s in Ios, Greece right at the top of the mountain. The view of the ocean and whole the island is right outside your doorstep and the sunsets are spectacular!
Another #TOTD with an inspiring traveler. I always get so inspired by other women when I see how they are wanderlusting through the world. For more information about Tracy and her wonderful travels visit her Instagram account: *click!
Talk to you guys later today in another post!
Love you, x