Hej lovely friends,
Today I have another beautiful #TOTD for you guys! I discovered her account on Instagram and I think she is a very pretty girl that visits very beautiful places and shares her pictures with all of us on IG! – Thanks girl for that, you are awesome!
Short message from the #TOTD: Hey, my name is Ryma, I’m 22 years old and study architecture in Münster. My life is very normal at this moment. I’m a full time student with a mini job in a restuarant and in my semester breaks I travel around the world.
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
I had my first trip when I was five years old. (see picture above) My mom took me to Los Angeles with her to visit my uncle. And my grandmother came the long way from Iran to see us there. It was one of the best trips I’ve ever had. We went for three weeks and my uncle showed us everthing you need to see when you are in California. We went to the Hollywood sign and Boulevard, saw the Rodeo Drive and of course we went to Disneyland California.
I remember one moment, as it was like yesterday. I’m staying at the Hollywood Boulevard looking down to the stars and someone behind me tap me on my shoulder and I look up and it was Charlie Chaplin. Oh, he was so cute and charming! After I’ve met him I watched Charlie Chaplin all the time.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
1. the most important: my camera – I never leave the door without my camera. I rather take two shots more then less. My camera is always in my hand. I honestly must say it is not the newest and best camera. I already have it for 5 years, but it is easy to care and I have no fear that it will be broken.
2. my passport or identity card – yes everyone needs it, so do I. And i love the moment when I know I’ll leave Europe and get a new stamp in my passport.
3. hand fan – it doesn’t matter if I’m in a car, bus, train, plane or ship I need a fan.
4. brush – I really love my hair, but I need a brush hundred times a day.
5. bikini – and not only one, at least four. The most trips I take are in sunny and hot regions, so I need a large choice of bikinis.
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
Last week I was in Ischia, Italy on holiday with my mom. But right now I’m in Münster studying for an exam next week. My next trip will be in October to Venice. Last time I was there for two years but only for one day. Now I’m visiting a very good friend for a week. She studies with me, but she makes a semester abroad in Venice for a half year. So that’s the perfect chance to see Venice again. There we want to see the Biennale di Venezia and travel around in North Italy.
4. What is your dream destination and why?
My dream destination is definitely Australia. At school I made a seminar paper about Australia and in this work I also mentioned sights. From this moment I wanted to see every single sight, beginning with the opera house through to the Ayers Rock and finally the Great Barrier Reef. One day I will.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it?
The beautiful picture my mom took this year on Saona Island, Dominican Republic. It shows the softest sand I ever felt. Yes really, when you hold it in your hands it feels like powder. So beautiful and it is never feels hot. I had NEVER HAD sand under my feets with temperature outside over 30°C that isn’t burning before. The photo also shows the turquoise caribbean sea. And finally it shows me sitting on a palm. This was one of the most relaxed moments I’ve ever had. You look around and see beautiful water, sand and palms. There are just a few people and nature. You really feel like in paradise.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
Oh this is a really difficult question. First I must say, I would prefer my evertime if I must choose. Because I think you can just have a fantastic trip when you are with somone you love and who loves you, so that you feel comfortable with this person all the time and enjoy every moment of this trip. But for a trip with A celebrity I would take Chad Michael Murray because he was the first male actor I fell in love with. Then I would take Rachel Bilson. I love her as a actor and think she could be good friend to talk to. And finally Charly Chaplin. He could make me laugh all the time without saying A word and just let me enjoy the journey.
7. Are you a backpacker or a flash packer? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
Oh I think I’m a little bit from both. You never see me with a backpack and sleeping on a stranger’s couch, but also not in A president suite from a hotel with 5 stars. For example this summer I rented a small apartment with my friend. It was really cheap, but had got everything you need. Or for example I was this year in Punta Cana (see picture below) in a real beautiful hotel with 4 stars and I had a great stay. There were 7 restaurants with really good food. The pool was nice as well, but the beach was in front our hotel room, so we prefered going there and it was incredible. Also the people there were so happy and friendly. I would say this was the best stay until now.
For more info on Ryma and her travels, visit her IG here: *click!
Loved this #TOTD! I like to thank everybody who participates in my project and everybody who reads the posts. Thanks Ryma for this edition, I laughed so hard cause CMM was my first actor crush too (oth fan:)) and I adore Rachel Bilson (big OC fan too )
Love connecting with my IG friends!
If you are interested in becoming a #TOTD too, get in touch through email@example.com
Big kiss and love,