How are you guys today? It is Sunday today, the weekend is almost over…NOOOO! : (
I am excited though, I have many cool things planned for the up coming week including some awesome meetings that I can’t wait to share with you guys. But first things first…
I have another #TOTD for you guys. A girl who travels a lot and writes about it herself as well… Wanna know who it is?You can find her IG here: Instagram sarahinpolkadot
Short message from the #TOTD:
My name is Sarah Elizabeth and I live in Somerset, UK and am 24 years old. I try to travel whenever I can and am currently having a love affair with Europe. I also run a blog with two of my best Friends (Isabel and Leah) where we share travel stories and lifestyle tips to inspire others- and we love this #TOTD idea!
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
As a child the first holiday I had was on the beautiful island of Majorca. Unfortunately I can’t remember much more than the pool, games and 90’s cheese discos! As an adult my first trip without family was to Paris and I’ve been in love with it ever since, it’s a place I always find myself going back to.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels
1. My Trusty Canon. Can never leave it behind.
2. My phone- not for the obvious reasons but for quick snaps and easy sharing.
3. My Travel Wallet, as one must be organised (yes I’m one of those people).
4. My Notebook, simply because my memory is terrible so I spend a few minutes each evening jotting down what I have done during the day.
5. Good old Aspirin. It’s my mission to find a good cocktail bar in every place I visit and I do have a tendency to overindulge sometimes..
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I’ve currently just got back from a mini stint in Europe- Bavaria, Austria, Gibraltar and Spain -and will spend the next few months saving for my next trip. In December I’ll do another mini stint (I call it the festive route!) but this time Northern France, Belgium, West Germany and the Netherlands. I’ll start in Paris and end in my favourite city of all- Amsterdam!
4. What is your dream destination and why?
I’m going to be awkward and say I have a dream ‘Trip’ rather than one ‘Destination’. I’d love to go back to the US as I haven’t been since I was a child, New Orleans and Nashville are top of my list. I’m also a massive Disney addict and such a big kid so of course a trip to the incredible Disneyworld would be included in this trip too!
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it ?
There are so many to choose from but instead of choosing an amazing picture in a technical sense, I think this one is my favourite due to the memories associated with it. It was taken last year in the Vondel Park in Amsterdam, which as mentioned before is my favourite city. It was the first trip I did ‘Solo’ and it was so rewarding and something I really enjoyed. Despite the fact I had an absolute nightmare getting from Düsseldorf to Amsterdam half way through, I still made it and had the best week.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
1. Zooey Deschanel- Simply because she seems like she would be so much fun to be around.
2. Bill Bryson (I think another #TOTD has mentioned him so good choice!)- For his stories, tips, hilarious humour and because he has got me to add so many new places to my ‘list’!
3. Tom Hardy- For the conversation of course…
7. Are you a backpacker (budget traveling) or a flash packer (luxury traveler)? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
I would say I’m a mix of both. I could never see myself doing all out backpacking, which I know sounds so unadventurous but I treasure a good nights sleep too much. I actually enjoy finding a budget hotel that is good value for money more than anything else, I know others will benefit more from my recommendations then as well!
The holiday were I felt completely pampered was on a Royal Caribbean cruise last year, their customer service and dining is second to none! But the best accommodation I have stayed in is the Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris,(see the picture above) we got upgraded to a suite and felt like royalty..
Loved Sarah’s #TOTD. Hope you guys did too.