Today I have another great IG account that I can share with you guys. It will be my 3rd couple that I will feature, ahh well, what can I say? I love romance and cute couples! Today I will share my interview with IG: marriednomads
You can find their IG account here: www.instagram.com/marriednomads
Message from the #TOTD: We are Charity and Amauri from Married Nomads. Married in 2012 and embarking on our 30th birthdays, we decided to quit our jobs and spend a year traveling the globe for our honeymoon. We currently reside in Orlando, Florida and try to give back to the traveling community by sharing advice and tips on how to fulfill a dream of travel without spending a fortune.
DOBEGLOBE: While I was editing this #TOTD I received the following message from the marriednomads where they shared a cool development in their travellife: ‘We are packing our bags once again and moving to London!’
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
First, I want to give a little back-story. We went to the same high school in Florida, but never knew each other. We met once at a party, and then went our separate ways. I moved to New Zealand and he moved to China. Being on the same side of the world, we re-connected and started chatting on Skype. Fast-forward 6 months later, and our first date was meeting in the airport in South Korea. Luckily, we connected immediately and had an amazing trip through South Korea and China!
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
1. Camera – Travel photography is our creative outlet, so we never leave without our Nikon 3200, GoPro Hero3+, and IPhone 5.
2. Music – One needs a good playlist for long stretches of time on a plane/train/bus/car/camel!
3. Scarf – This one is more for me (Charity), but I never go on a trip without one of my favorite scarves. It’s the most versatile travel accessory a woman can have!
4. Pictures of family/friends – We get homesick and miss our loved ones on the road, so we always bring photos to make us feel more connected so far away.
5. Bathing suit – This could be a result of growing up in Florida, but last winter we planned on visiting Eastern Europe and spontaneously ended up on a beach in Portugal! You just never know!3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
We have been living in Florida for a year now after our round the world trip. Our next adventure will be to one of our favorite cities in the world, London!
4. What is your dream destination and why?
We have a life list that is probably a mile long, but when we hear “dream destination” it conjures up ideas of sunshine, clear waters, and exotic locations in our head. In saying that,
we’d love to explore thejungles, beaches, and native cultures of the South Pacific, from French Polynesia
(including Tahiti and Moorea) in the east,
to the Cook Islands, Fiji,
and the Solomon Islands in the west.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it?
A lot of photos have a special place in our hearts, but this one in particular was taken in Lovina, Bali on Christmas day. We had a simple dinner and watched the gorgeous sunset while these Balinese women were cleaning their clothes in the water. It was around our half way mark in our trip and although not everything went as we had planned, it was in this moment that we were overwhelmed with just how lucky we were. We worked hard to be able to take that adventure and were both immensely grateful that we were doing it together.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travelbuddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
1. Anthony Bourdain (snarky chef/writer/world traveler) – Anthony seems like that down to earth/willing to try anything type of traveler that would make any trip memorable.
2. Karl Pilkington (travel show presenter/author/actor) – Karl is one of the most innately funny people on earth and we would bring him simply for the laughs.
3. Tina Fey – (writer/actress) – Tina is funny, doesn’t take life too seriously, and is every girl’s dream best friend.
7. Are you a backpacker (budget traveling) or a flash packer (luxury traveler)? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
We are all about budget traveling! We like to stretch our money so we can travel longer. Although we now prefer private rooms to dorms, we still love being a part of the hostel community. Recently, we’ve been using Airbnb, booking private apartments so we can get the benefits of feeling like a local.
One of our all time favorite accommodations found on Airbnb was Lodunduh Sari in Ubud, Bali. Only a few minutes from town, this secluded villa is surrounded by lush tropical plants and Koi fishponds. The highlight was the infinity pool that overlooks the sun setting over a rice field. When we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly Balinese staff that assisted us with all our needs.
With rooms ranging from $30-$150 a night, it was a steal! (http://www.lodtunduhsari.com)
Another great interview with great people. I love to see how happy the marriednomads look in their pictures and I am excited about their move to London. Exciting things are happening for this lovely and beautiful couple and I am happy that I got to know them and that I have this chance of sharing their story with you!
Tomorrow another #TOTD online!