Hey lovelies,I love my #TOTD project. Today I received a few more applications and I discovered some beautiful travelers that I can’t wait to feature on my website. For this feature I have chosen my lovely Instagramfriend Wenche. She posts beautiful travel related pictures and she is a beauty herself too.
You can find her Instagram account here: [click here for her account]
Message from the #TOTD: Hi guys! This is such an honor, and i`m very happy to share my passion for travelling with other wanderlusters out there.
First thing first. My name is Wenche, and i`m a 33 year old Norwegian with an enormous urge to discover the world. So let`s start!
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
On my very first trip abroad without my parents, i went to Prague. I was 16 and already then taken by the beauty of exploring another country, another lifestyle and meeting new people.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
1. My NOTEBOOK, with an attached pen, so it counts as one, right?
2. My Canon CAMERA for all those moments that money can´t buy, and words can`t describe.
3. My IPOD for making all those hours of waiting more beautiful.
4. My TOOTHBRUSH, because fur on my teeth just doesn`t do it for me.
5. As stupid as it may sound, my fifth thing would have to be my HAIR STRAIGHTENER because no matter if i`m in a fancy hotel, or in a tent I just can´t help the fact that i`m a girl.
I have to admit it works poorly in the jungle
without electricity though.
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I`m in Norway at the moment, saving for my next trip to Peru and Brazil. YEY!
4. What is your dream destination and why?
My thoughts wander to new destinations every day, but i would love to travel Japan, for it`s culture, for it`s beauty, and for it`s food. Uganda is also high up on my bucket list.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it?
A good travel pic for me is a capture that takes me back in time. Just by looking at this picture from Zambia i can almost feel the warmth from the sun, smell the fire from the fireplace and hear the hippos the river.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
Wow this is a hard one. I would have to bring Gerard Butler, because i think he is man enough to not only light the fireplace, but also keep me warm in other ways. 😉 I would bring Mr. Wilson for the deep conversations and for always agreeing with me, and last but not least i would bring Ms Dobeglobe for a whole lotta fun. ( not all at the same time ) – As Ms. Dobeglobe I can only say, I WOULD LOVE TOO!
7. Are you a backpacker (budget traveling) or a flash packer (luxury traveler)? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
I just love to travel, and I usually can´t afford
staying in fancy hotels.
I don`t care about the hotel very much anyway,
as I don`t spend much time in a hotelroom.
My best backpack accomodation was actually
a cabin made of bamboo in Inhambane Mozambique.
The perfect view over the Indian ocean,
the whitest beach you can ever imagine, and the best of all,-no other tourists.
What else can a girl ask for?
Enjoyed reading Wenche’s edition of #TOTD! Love what a strong and woman she is and love her passion for travel.
Tomorrow a fresh new #TOTD !