I love how my #TOTD project is going. I receive many emails from fellow travelers requesting to participate in my #TOTD project. Thank you so much for this !! I love receiving your emails, connecting with you guys and reading your travel stories! Therefor, If you are a wanderluster and want to participate as well, email met at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your website+Instagram.
For todays edition of the #TOTD project I have chosen a cool traveler who’s Instagram I really like.
Jake posts cool pics, see for your self at his Instagram account: [click here for his Instagram account]
Message from the #TOTD’er: Hi! I’m Jake Ryan, 25 and from the UK. I am a travel blogger from TravelFoodFilm. I fell in love with travelling back when I was 13 when I went on my first overseas trip. Since I turned 19 I have been travelling as much as possible.
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday?
My first ever overseas travel experience was when I was 13 and my mother took me to New York City with my brother and sister. I had been in love with New York for as long as I could remember so the excitement I had was unreal.
Little did I know that excitement would stay with me years later as New York remains my favourite destination and every time I book a trip to the Big Apple I get that wave of excitement back.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
When I travel I try to travel as light as possible but the 5 items I MUST have with me are
1. Macbook – To work.
2. iPhone – It’s my mini Macbook, it also doubles up as a compact camera, currency converter , map and many other things.
3. DSLR – This is new to me as I never liked lugging around a big DSLR camera, however once I used someone else’s for a day and saw the image quality I was sold. And bought one the next day. Now you won’t find me without it.
4. Book – Waiting around during travelling can get pretty boring so I always bring or buy a book with me. I haven’t yet got into the whole Kindle thing. I don’t like reading off a screen.
5. Passport – Well I wouldn’t get far without it would I?
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I am currently sat in Gatwick Airport about to head off to Hong Kong. I am really looking forward to this trip as Hong Kong has been on my bucket list for a while.
4. What is your dream destination and why?
Bora Bora. Everything about Bora Bora just looks absolutely incredible. However that’s a destination I will save for my Honeymoon.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it? This shot of New York was taken only 2 weeks after Hurricane Sandy hit. The image to me, shows how NYC doesn’t let anything affect it and just picks up it’s feet and carries on.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
1. Stephen Fry – Not only is he very funny. But he is very smart. He would not let us get into any bad situations.
2. Bear Grylls. – In case Stephen failed and we did end up in a bad situation, Bear would know how to get us out of it.
3. Bill Gates – If for some reason Bear Grylls failed to get us out of a bad situation. Bill would be here to buy us our way out.
7.Are you a backpacker (budget traveling) or a flash packer (luxury traveler)? And what was the best backpack/flashback accommodation where you have ever stayed?
I would say I am a flash packer. I have never used a rucksack and never stayed in a hostel. I enjoy the luxuries of a hotel way too much. I also love my privacy.
Loved this version of #TOTD, thanks Jake for participating ! I love how this project gives me the opportunity to connect with my followers, make new friends, and learn more about travel hotspots !
Tomorrow, a new and exciting #TOTD will be online !
Make sure tat you check it out !