This is the second week of my #TOTD and it is going so well. I really enjoy reading your answers and receiving requests to being featured on my website. I discover so many great accounts because of you guys and I am so thankful for that!
For todays edition I have interviewed IG user: wandersofawallflower [click here for her account]
Short message from Erin, Ms. wandersofawallflower: Hello! My name is Erin. I am a 22 year old wallflower from South Lake Tahoe, California. Travel is my one true love. I could never get enough of old buildings, museums overflowing with treasures, people watching from coffee shops, and the feeling of being alone and anonymous in a new city. I created my blog, Wanders of a Wallflower, a few months ago because I wanted to share my experiences and inspires others to go out and find their own.
1. Where did you go for your first travel experience/holiday
Growing up, I traveled around the U.S. a lot, but I didn’t really get a feel for true traveling until I went to Costa Rica when I was 19. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. I remember getting off the plane and discovering that the ‘airport’ was outside! That trip opened my eyes to how big and diverse the world is and how much there is out there to see. From that point on I was hooked.
2. Which 5 items do you always bring on your travels?
Depending on where I am going, what I bring can change entirely. But no matter where I am, I always have my camera to capture as many moments as possible, my phone to keep everyone at home updated, a water bottle to stay hydrated, a good pair of sunglasses to hide my jet lagged eyes and a journal to write down what I do and where I go so I won’t forget later.
3. Where are you now and where will you go for your next trip?
I am currently at home working ad saving for future adventures. However, I am a huge believer in exploring your own back yard, so I am always searching for opportunities to ‘travel at home’. I have a few trips in the worlds, including a road trip to the Grand Canyon, a trip to San Francisco and a trip across Europe.
4. What is your dream destination and why?Anywhere and everywhere! I am constantly reading about and adding new destinations to my list. I recently did a blog post about the top 5 places on my radar, but I would have to say Egypt comes in at the top of the list. I find ancient Egypt absolutely fascinating and my love for ancient relics means that I am extremely drawn to the pyramids.
5. What is your favorite travel picture that you took and why/what is the story behind it? Not only do I think this is a lovely picture, but it was taken on the first day of my first trip outside of the U.S., so it is very sentimental for me. It was also the first picture I took from the back, and sparked my love for photo’s taken from this angle. It has become my go to photo while traveling.
6. If you could take 3 celeb travel buddies on your next trip, who would they be and why?
To be honest I don’t pay any attention to celebrities, so I could not think of anyone for this question. There are, however some bloggers that I would like to travel with. Like Aslan and Estee from essiebuttonvlogs. I love their travel style and Aslan is so full of random facts that it would basically be like having a personal tour guide.
Not only was the location beautiful, but the owner helped me practice my French, made the most outstanding breakfast and had an incredibly friendly cat who would climb in my window at night.